These Healthier Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect way to satisfy your mad chocolate cravings.
Adapted from Amy Atherton's cookbook
- 1 cup quick steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pull out 2 medium bowls, one for dry ingredients, one for wet.
- In one bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- Melt the butter in the other bowl. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the vanilla, then the egg.
- Whisk in the honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together (don't overdo it).
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes, or freeze for about 15 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use a meatball or cookie scoop and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-13 minutes, or until they have just started to brown on the edges.
- Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
I was inspired to make these cookies for my daughter because she is all about being healthy. It got me thinking with Easter right around the corner, it’s time to start prepping the much sought after Easter baskets. Instead of the mundane hollow chocolate bunnies, and gooey marshmallow chicks, gift your loved ones and foodies in your life with a nutritious selection of delicious bite-sized snacks and beverages.
Naturally Flavored Water: For an egg-shaped beverage that is fun for kids and smart for parents, choose AquaBall! This naturally flavored water is the only zero-sugar, zero-calorie, zero-preservative children’s beverage around and is available in fun flavors like Berry Frost and Disney Princesses.
Flax Chia Seeds: Sprinkle your parent-friendly Easter Basket with protein-packed Carrington Farms Organic Flax Chia Paks for a unique super blend to top all of your Easter recipes with – and fight hunger.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.