This Slow Cooker Chicken Mole’ , a signature dish in Mexican cooking, is aromatic, rich and, delicious with the perfect blend of spice.
- 1 Onion
- 16 ounces skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 7.5 Ounces Mole sauce, jar
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 Chilies in adobo sauce (buy a 7 Ounces or smallerall can, but only use 2, the are spicy)
- 4 Cloves, crushed garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Optional: for tacos, flour or corn tortillas, limes, shredded cheese, avocados
- Slice onion and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts on top of onions
- In a small bowl, combine prepared mole sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, chilies and garlic.
- Pour sauce over chicken and coat well.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 5 hours
- To serve, cut or shred the chicken into large pieces.
Breckenridge Brewery sent me a sample of their beer to try out. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed her are 100% my own.
Winter is definitely in the air. The holidays are all behind us now. Sadly, we have to trudge through the rest of Winter. My family likes to believe that warm comfort foods help us get through all the cold months ahead.
Ethnic cuisine resonates loudly with feelings of comfort and joy. The thought of Chicken mole came upon me after tasting this incredible Nitro Chocolate Orange Stout beer from Breckenridge Brewery. I agree that I am not a connoisseur, but I like to believe my palate has a broad sense of taste. This stout is not like typical stouts, which tend to be thick and heavy. It was so smooth, delightfully flavorful and a perfect been to serve with a meal that have hints of chocolate and cinnamon spice.
The flavor notes of the citrus and chocolate in this stout, pair well with my chicken mole. Slow cooking chicken in a rich, aromatic sauce results in a fork tender dish. Washing it down with this Nitro Chocolate Orange Stout “es muy perfecto!”
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.