Try this simple four-ingredient Artisan No-Knead Bread and you will become a lover of home bake bread instantly.
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Artisan Bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl combine the four, salt and yeast.
- Add the water and stir until a shaggy dough appears.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise at room temperature for 10 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a dutch oven, without the lid in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the dutch oven is heating up, turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and form into a ball. Cover the dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, place the dough into the heated dutch oven. Cover with a lid and bak for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue baking for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and the Dutch oven and let it cool completely before slicing.
This recipe was taken right from the back of the Artisan Bread flour bag. I was anxious to create a home-baked bread. All I needed was some active dry yeast. I was ready to go. My excitement got the better of me though. I wasn’t smart enough to think ahead and it would be midnight before my dough would be ready for the oven.
I was a bit nervous, anticipating an epic failure. But, as you can see, it turned out beautifully. A gorgeous gold brown crusty loaf of artisan bread.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.