Bring the sweet taste of breakfast with this Maple Cinnamon Quick Bread that boasts a bold and subtle hint of cinnamon and maple.
- 2 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill, Organic All-purpose White Flour
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, browned (to brown the butter melt it in a pot until it starts to brown)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs together.
- Slowly add in the browned butter while whisking.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Add in vanilla.
- In another small mixing bowl take cubed cold butter, and the cinnamon sugar blend and work with a fork or pastry blender until pieces are pea sized.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
adapted from Bacaholic Mama
I was provided samples of Bob's Red Mill Flours. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I really hit the jackpot when Bob’s Red Mill asked me if I was interested in trying our some of their flours. I received, Paleo, Coconut, Almond, Hazelnut, all-purpose and Bread Flour. Yes all those different types of flours to try. Since it’s the holidays I decided to make a quick bread. I have my favorite flavors that I have shared with all of you over the years. Form lemon loaf, to rocky road, cinnamon chocolate chip to pumpkin chocolate and more.
I googled Maple and Cinnamon and this absolutely delicious recipe popped up from Bakacholic Mama. I didn’t actually use store bought buttermilk. I had to make my own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the milk and letting it sit for 10 minutes.
Now be sure to come back to see what I made with the hazel nut flour and the bread flour.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.