You can’t go wrong with these succulent Bourbon Glazed Chicken Half Breasts that are loaded with a sweet and sticky sauce.
Bourbon Glazed Chicken Half Breasts
- 4 large, bone-in split chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayian sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/8 cups brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- Sage, if desired
- Combine the bourbon, sugar, mustard, garlic, honey, vinegar and Worcestershire in a small saucepan and whisk.
- Heat over high heat and allow it to come to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture reduces by about half. Set aside and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with mixture, then place skin-side down in the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side. When finished, add chicken to an oven-safe baking dish
- Pour half of the glaze on top of chicken, add sage leaves on top if desired, then roast for 30 minutes. Half way through cooking, brush chicken with a bit more glaze.
- When chicken is finished, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with additional glaze for topping.
Did you know that using alcohol in cooking creates an incredible fusion of flavor. You end up with a mouth watering party on your palate.
Taking the flavors from bourbon is what takes an ordinary baked chicken to the next level.
My little helper in the kitchen is slowly becoming a seasoned cook. It’s another part of bonding with your children, even if they are adults. The fact that she wants to cook with me and learn tricks of the trade makes me swell with pride. After each meal we are already planning what we will cook together next.
After tastes the bourbon i this recipe we decided to try a Bourbon carrot recipe. Watch for it on the blog soon.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.