This saucy Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken is bursting with a kaleidoscope of flavor.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast thins, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 8 petite white potatoes, quartered
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
- optional: corn starch slurry
- cashews, cilantro, cooked rice for serving
- Add chicken pieces, carrots, potatoes, and shallots to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, curry paste, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker and stir to coat chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- Just before serving and top with cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.
adapted from Boys Ahoy.
recipe adapted from Boys Ahoy.
I was provided the product free of charge. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
I had the opportunity to try out Hamilton Beach’s newest product, a two in one, Slow cooker and Sous Vide. so, what is Sous Vide? Sous Vide is a cooking technique that literally means “under vacuum”. It is a method of cooking where you place the food in an airtight bag and submerge the ingredients, in a precise temperature-controlled water bath. Your food will cook evenly throughout which greatly reduces any risk of over or under cooking. Just like the slow cooker, walk away and let the appliance do the work.
I was excited because I never owned a sous vide before. When the product arrived, I was curious about how the slow cooker would work without a clamp and just a lid on top. My girl and I decided on trying to create a slow cooker version of our favorite Thai dish.
Using the Teflon coated removable vessel instead of the traditional heavy ceramic is appealing. Nothing stuck to the bottom and it was easy to lift out.
The chicken turned out moist and juicy and there was not a drop left over.
Learn more about it at the Target Product Detail Page
You can get a Hamilton Beach sous vide and slow cooker by entering my giveaway. All you have to do is leave a comment below on what you would cook first in your new two in one slow cooker and sous vide. A random comment will be the winner. Giveaway ends on October 31, 2016.
Random winner number two: Camilla @ Culinary Adventures.