This copycat Chicken Crunch recipe is coated with a crunchy, slightly sweet breading combination that has long been a family favorite.
- 2 cups Captain Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cup corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- oil for frying
- Crush the cereals in a food processor and place in a shallow bowl. set aside
- In a shallow bowl, add the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and the white and cayenne pepper. Set aside
- Put the egg in a second shallow bowl and mix with the milk.
- Dip the chicken strips first in the flour, then the egg and then the cereal.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the strips in batches until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes, turning them so they don't burn. Drain on paper towels
Serve with Honey Mustard or Creole Mustard
Then, I stopped making it even though they kept asking for it. I think in the last ten years I have only made them twice. So today, for their 22nd birthday I made it again. This time, I felt it was time to share it will all of you too!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.