This Summer Bounty Bowl is a delicious way to enjoy the harvest of summer all in one bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled white and wild rice (such as Hinode brand)
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries, halved
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 2 figs, sliced (I used one golden fig and one black fig)
- a handful of snap peas
- 2 ounces or so, brie cheese cut into bite sized pieces
- A large handful of micro-greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey infused with Habanero (or regular honey + 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the cooled rice, the cherries, berries, and snap peas.
- Toss the salad with about half the vinaigrette .
- To serve, top the rice salad with sliced peaches, figs, microgreens, brie, and the sliced almonds.
A photo I glimpsed at online caught my eye. I needed to know more about this photo. The combination of fruit and quinoa just didn’t tickle my fancy at all. Let me tell you that Halfbaked Harvest isn’t half-baked at all.
The perfect base for this Summer bounty in a bowl is White and Wild Rice. Thanks to the swag discovered from the IFBC Conference I attended in Sacramento, CA. The more I thought about the summer’s bounty and the theme from the conference; Farm to Fork, I figured that I needed to give it a try.
I also figured the hubby is out of town for the week and he wouldn’t even attempt to eat it anyway. More for me. My baby girl loved it almost as much as I did. I hope I can get one more of these bows together before the change of the produce season.
The flavors from the Summer Bounty Bowl is still lingering in my mind long after I ate it.