These Lemon Thins get their refreshing flavor from the juice and zest of fresh lemons and would be the perfect accompaniment to afternoon tea.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar or regular granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat 1/2 cup sugar, butter and oil in another mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add egg white, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a saucer. Coat the bottom of a wide-bottomed glass with cooking spray and dip it in the sugar. Flatten the dough with the glass into 2 1/2-inch circles, dipping the glass in the sugar each time.
- Bake the cookies until they are just starting to brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a flat surface (not a rack) to crisp.
The light fresh scent of lemons conjures up feelings of happiness. Even the bright yellow color of lemons is uplifting. Takes this fresh uplifting fruit and you can bake sweets and make things that are savory as well as add some zest to beverages.
The other day, when I put the fresh lemons into a bowl and placed them as a centerpiece on the kitchen table, the hubby stated “You aren’t just going to use those as a decoration for the table now are you?
Nope, with lemons in this house it’s like hitting the jackpot. The hubby absolutely loves all things lemon. Can you tell? Especially sweets, just like these fun Lemon Thins.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.