These Brandy Glazed Peaches are the perfect combination They make a wonderful topping for pancakes, ice-cream or enjoy as we did with some vanilla infused yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 5 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 firm, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- In a medium bowl combine seeds, vanilla, yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and a dash of salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, remaining dash of salt, brandy, and vanilla in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches; toss gently. Arrange peaches, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Reserve sugar mixture. Bake peaches at 350° for 10 minutes. Turn peach halves over; drizzle cavities with reserved sugar mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until just tender. Serve with yogurt
Peaches are the perfect reminder of all those summertime flavors. Stone fruit is at it’s peak and peaches are by far my favorite of them all.
My dad loved to slice up his peaches and pour red wine over them. Let them sit for about 15 minutes and then indulge. It was a great dessert for him. He wasn’t much for sweets, but wine and peaches was undeniably his favorite.
But, luckily I convinced him that there were more ways to indulge in peaches. Did I mention that my dad is 89 years young? Spending time with dad and mom is becoming more precious by the moment. So it was a no-brainer to bring over some white peaches from my local farmer’s market and whip up this simple and delicious dessert.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.