It doesn’t get any better than a slice of this Bourbon Chocolate Cream Pie.
- 1 frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, cooked and cooled
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- WHIPPED TOPPING
- 3?4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon (can substitute vanilla extract)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Gradually blend in milk and cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in bourbon, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour cream in to a chilled glass or metal mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form gradually add powder sugar until all has been blended and then add vanilla slowly until it has also been blended.
- Mixture should have stiff peaks.
You know, there is no pie dreamier than this bourbon chocolate cream pie. Why? Well booze + chocolate = a dream come true. Now I am sure you understand why I think it’s so dreamy. But really folks. Talk about delicious, luscious and just the right amount of sweetness all in one slice of pie.
Doesn’t it look great right out of the oven even before I douse it with whipped cream.?
Now if you don’t mind, I think I will go have some pie.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.