Stuart’s homage to Paella is easy to make, packed with flavor, and a home run with my family.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Chicken sausage links, fully cooked, and sliced
- 2 cups frozen rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 28 ounces San Marzano tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat a large skillet on medium high. Add the cooked sausage and heat through (about 5 minutes.)
- Add the cooked rice, broth, crushed red pepper flakes, the peas and corn. Cook until heated through, (about 5 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes and thyme.
- Season with salt, and pepper.
- Simmer about 8 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
I was provided a free copy of this cookbook to review. No other compensation was provided. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I bet there isn’t one person who wouldn’t love to have recipes with six ingredients, six minutes to prep and six minutes to clean up. I have the perfect cookbook for you. The Quick Six Fix by Stuart O’Keeffe. And ladies, he is definitely easy on the eyes to look at too. There are 100 no fuss, full-flavored recipes to create in your kitchen.
I will be the first to admit that I modified Stuart’s Paella recipe just a bit. Basically, I didn’t have uncooked rice or uncooked sausage. Either way, holy paella people. The flavors were bold and beautiful. The best part, I made this paella on a weeknight. After a day at the office and a 20 minute workout.
The book gives you a great list of quick six fix pantry staples so you can create any one of his recipes at a moment’s notice.
All you have to do is leave a comment below stating what some of your pantry staples you keep handy.
Giveaway is open to all U.S. Residents. Giveaway will end on May 31, 2016 and will be selected randomly.
Contest is closed and the winner has been selected.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.