These homemade BBQ Flavored Potato Chips are bursting with flavor and taste so much like the real thing.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teapoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes using a slicer (use a mandolin if you have one)
- Place them in a bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer in the prepared baking sheet make sure you don’t over lap the potatoes)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes
- While the potatoes are baking, combing the remaining ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Remove the chips from the oven and add them to the bag of spices. Seal the bag and shake well to coat all the chips with the seasoning.
- Transfer the chips to a place to cool.20
One more fantastic recipe from the Lose Weight by eating cookbook. If the last four blog posts haven’t convinced you to get this cookbook, then you must be an alien. Like I said before, this cookbook is the real deal and there are so many more fantastic recipes that you can make and lose weight too.
I do want to encourage you to add the spices a little bit at a time. I over seasoned mine and they were spicy. Not necessarily a bad thing though. Just heeding some caution just in case.
Hey, you guys, think Netflix or Hulu and instead of popcorn, how about these BBQ flavored chips. Add some of your favorite veggies and you have the perfect platter to snack on while watching your favorite T.V.show or movie.
Anyway, I just have to remember my puppy Lacey, loves to sniff around for any bit of food she can get her sneaky paws on. She’s like that you know. That’s why she gets to have her favorite treats while watching movies with us too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.