The title says it all. There are few classic food pairings more popular than these Elvis inspired Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 3/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or pink Himalayan salt)
- non stick spray
- Preheat your griddle
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the peanut butter.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combing the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spray the griddle with non stick spray and spoon the batter into the waffle maker and cook until lightly browned.
These pancakes are another one of the great recipes from the Lose Weight By Eating Cookbook. I did have to make them into pancakes instead of waffles as the recipe suggests.
I have a good excuse for these pancake. One, it’s almost the weekend, and that always, always means brunch on Saturday or Sunday morning…maybe both if it’s a really good weekend. Two, I really could resist peanut butter and bananas for breakfast, or brunch, lunch or dinner for that matter.
These Pancakes are a no brainer. A NO BRAINER people. Nothing beats a really good pancake and these are special on so many levels.
Have I now convinced you that you must make these pancakes this weekend…or even today if you just can’t wait (I completely understand)!