These Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Holes are mouth-watering delights that taste great right out of the oven.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I used Truvia baking blend)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon paste (optional, but worth it)
- 1/2 cup milk
- -1/8 cup cinnamon, for dusting
- 1/8 cup superfine sugar (use real sugar because the substitute sugar leaves an after taste when eating raw)
- Fill a shallow bowl with cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter in a stand mixer.
- Add in eggs, mix thoroughly.
- Add in vanilla, milk and cinnamon paste.
- Slowly fold in flour and baking soda – be careful not to over mix
- Pour batter in greased doughnut hole pan
- Bake at 375 Degrees F for about 8 to 9 minutes
- While piping hot , dump into sugar and cinnamon bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Eat immediately!
Holy cow! I completely forgot about these puppies. I made them a while ago when the hubby was out of town and the weather was unpleasant to venture out of the house.
I have been patiently calling every evening to see if I have to report to jury duty. I actually couldn’t believe I had to call seven nights in a row. And after all that, I wasn’t selected. It is a good thing. I don’t mind doing my civic duty, but there never really is a good time to serve. I much rather serve as a judge at any food event.
Enough about civic duty in a court house. I think you know that it is now your civic duty to bake up a batch of these doughnut holes and dunk them in your coffee or tea.