This festive Sparkling Cara Cara Orange Punch adds a special touch to your buffet table.
- 1/8 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 lemon wedge
- 6 cups freshly squeezed Cara Cara orange juice (from about 14 oranges), or substitute regular oranges
- 2 bottles (2 liters) Sparkling Water such as San Pelegrino, chilled
- 1 cup Brandy (optional but worth it)
- Grind ginger to a fine powder in a spice grinder, then mix with sugar in a shallow dish. Rub lemon wedge on rims of each glass, then dip rims in ginger-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Mix orange juice and sparkling water, and Brandy if using, in a large punch bow, or pitcher.
- Serve with ice,
This is the perfect drink to serve for guests because it’s so delicious and is impressive at the buffet table too.
When we gather for large family functions, these are the perfect types of beverages we like to serve. Feel free to use a punch bowl to make it easy for your guests to serve themselves. Or, if you are feeling real fancy, use wine decanters of varying sizes and set them at the bar and people can pour their own.
My mom is elderly and I cherish all my days with her and most especially days that honor her as a mother. She was raised on a small Mediterranean island and family is very important to our culture. I fear that the generation of my children will lose the meaning of family. Children nowadays grow up, move out and sometimes even move out of the state making family ties much more difficult to bind.
She always has been a teetotaler but takes a glass in order to cheer and clink glasses. She then takes one sip and is done. She is quite adorable.
So this one is for you mom.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.