Make this Twisted Mint Julep, a favorite cocktail of fans of the Kentucky Derby.
- 2 ounces Brandy
- 1/2 ounce Vanilla Syrup (such as Torani)
- 9 mint leafs
- crushed ice
- In the vessel of your glass, combine the brandy, vanilla syrup, and mint.
- Press gently on the mixture with a muddler and fill the vessel with crushed ice.
- Stir it a bit until the liquid rises, then top with crushed ice to form a small mound.
- Garnish with the mint leafs.
Years ago a friend of mine told me that he holds a party every year with just his brothers to watch the Kentucky Derby. I was rather surprised that one would actually hold a party to watch the a horse race. But then again, back then I had never watched it myself.
This year I will, yet again, miss the Derby to attend my nephew’s wedding in San Francisco. But not to worry, I already had my Kentucky Derby party and cheered them on in advance with my Twisted Mint Julep cocktail. It’s a classic Southern cocktail with a twist for fun. The classic cocktail is a favorite of those attending the Kentucky Derby.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.