This Cookie Dough Butter is ridiculously creamy and is the perfect treat for anyone who loves cookie dough.
- 1 cup nut butter (I used Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter Spread)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons Almond meal flour
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (I used fresh whole nutmeg and ground it myself)
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 Tablespoons mini chips
- In a small sauce pot brown the butter medium low heat until it becomes golden brown.
- Take the butter off the burner right after it reaches this point to prevent burning.
- In a medium sized bowl add the melted browned butter, nut butter and almond flour and stir. Next, add the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, vanilla and stir.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take it out of the fridge and stir in the chocolate chips. (If you add the chocolate chips before going in the fridge they will just settle to the bottom.)
- Store the cookie dough butter in the fridge in a mason jar or an air tight container.
- Grab a spoon and dig in.
This stuff is scary delicious. There is not one single drop of this cookie dough butter left in the jar. It was absolutely glorious. Every last bit that I spooned into my mouth. It was so euphoric as it slowly melted into each and every crevice in my mouth, lingering in delight. I was dreamily in love with this homemade version of cookie butter. Quite unlike the store-bought stuff, because it’s even better.
This can easily become my vice. Sitting on the couch watching chick flicks the jar of cookie dough butter, and a spoon. Mindlessly spooning all that deliciousness into my mouth to let it melt ever so slowly as I immerse myself in some tear jerker of a movie. Now that’s what I call a great way to spend time alone.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.