These simple and healthy little no-bake Almond Butter and Coconut Energy Bites add staying power to your workout.
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds.
- Mix until well combined
- Form into balls and place in an airtight container.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for a month. Enjoy!
I don’t why, but I really believe these energy bites, or any energy bar or bite really do give you an added boost of energy before a workout. Technically you can take these after a workout too, if you feel fatigued after a workout too. But me, I prefer indulging in one 15 minutes before a workout.
I enjoy working out at home and I workout to a 20 minute cardio and strength training video using YouTube.
Back to these energy bites. I am telling you, these bites have magic powers. Well, at least I would like to think so.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.