This slow cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is the most flavor-packed dish — a little bit of sweet, savory and a little bit spicy,
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, but into cubes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, and garlic in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and coat with the sauce.
- Top with the garlic and the basil.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 4 hours.
We all need that good, quick easy dinner recipe. This is exactly that! As the weather begins to warm up it doesn’t mean you put your slow cooker away. Keep it out and use it all year-long. For one, it’s less heat in the kitchen. Then there is the fix it and forget it mode too. And you can’t forget that it’s also good for those days the family just can’t eat a meal all at the same time.
So really, even when you are just two people, life is busy and easy meals are where it’s at right now. I mean, right?!?
You know, busy is good for us anyway.
Back to this dish. Here’s the deal. You add everything to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low and slow until you are ready for dinner. The chicken is spicy, but sweet and tangy too, which you all know is one of my all time favorite combos.
Go for it. It’s a winner winner chicken dinner.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.