These melt-in-your-mouth Savory Parmesan and Pepper Cookies are perfect for an appetizer or a snack on their own. They’re deliciously addictive — make a batch today!
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, cubed
- 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (I used unbleached flour)
- Place the flour and butter into a bowl and use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour until a crumble dough forms.
- Add the cheese and pepper and use your fingers to rub it into the mixture.
- <span class=”mceItemHidden” data-mce-bogus=”1″><span></span>Lightly flour a surface and turn the crumbly dough out onto it.</span>
- Knead to bring together, then shape into two logs with a diameter of around 1 inch and about 6 inches in length.
- Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Remove the log from the fridge and use a sharp knife to cut the log into about 1/3 in thick rounds.
- Place the cookie dough onto the baking tray at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I have been on a little baking spree of sorts. Mainly because the hubby has been gone two weekends in a row. Last week he was in a two-day golf tournament and this weekend he went to a sports memorabilia show in the City. That left me with a lot of time on my hands. Between That and the rainy weather– Cold and rainy days equals to baking.
I actually feel like they could have used a tad bit more pepper, but I didn’t want to overwhelm the cookie either.
What would you add?