A real kid pleaser and a healthy snack, these moist Flourless Banana and Peanut Butter Mini Muffins are delightfully delicious.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I recommend using classic store-bought peanut butter, and not natural or homemade)
- 3 Tablespoons honey all natural raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon pinch salt
- 1/2 cup crushed butterfingers candy
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare mini muffin pans by spraying very well with floured cooking spray; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer add all ingredients except the butter finger candy.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. Stir is the candy.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop pour batter into tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until the tops are set, domed, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Due to their small size and oven variance, make sure to watch your muffins closely, and bake until done. Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 minutes, or until they’ve firmed up and are cool enough to handle.
- Muffins are best fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
What do I do when the hubby is out golfing all weekend long? I bake. I started out with these great mini muffins mainly because I had a few extra bananas that needed some TLC. But really, who can resist the combination of peanut butter and banana anyway.
Seriously, these muffins have an amazing combo of flavors. Plus, they are flourless. Again, these are just plain old winners in my book. And I got to take these to the office every day this week for my breakfast. I even made myself a huge mug of tea and honey.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.