This delicious Hoisin and Garlic Beef Stir Fry is one of my favorites with a slightly sweet flavor profile.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Blend (such as Truvia)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 pound flank or boneless strip, thinly sliced
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 pound (1 1/2 cups) snow or sugar snap peas
- in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, ½ cup water, soy sauce, and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 Tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the scallions, garlic, and red pepper (if using) and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the Hoisin mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, about 1½ minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak and stir-fry until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 seconds. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high. Add the sauce. When it starts to bubble, add the steak. Stir-fry until warmed through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately over rice.
Hey, it’s hump day and this is the perfect recipe that you can throw together in no time at all.
I was sitting here pondering about all the stir fry dishes I share with all of you. I am a bit obsessed with stir fry’s, but truly they are easy to put together and the flavor profiles can change from sweet to spicy.
I have ventured out to try many different flavor combinations and it amazes me how different each one can taste.
Plus the fact that everyone loves my stir fry dishes. So it’s a win-win situation, right?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.