Cold and rainy days are the perfect excuse to cozy up with a cup of this warm and creamy Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate.
- 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon coconut crystals (cans substitute with vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract or coconut palm sugar)
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over a medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Add in the chocolate and sweetener, stir until fully melted.
- Serve hot.
Can I just say, “hell yes!” Wow, why didn’t I ever think to make hot chocolate using coconut milk before now? It’s like being hit by lightning.
Complete with howling winds, it’s enough to keep even the bravest to stay indoors. So what’s a girl to do while cooped up in the house all day? Make cocoa!
It was definitely and warm and cozy evening of hot chocolate, old movies and a fuzzy blanket. Yes, I know it’s not the healthiest thing you can drink, but it’s warm, tastes delicious and makes you forget about the weather.