Wake up and fuel up, all in one delicious cup with this Mint Chocolate Cherry Smoothie.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 or an orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup Mint Chip frozen coconut milk dessert (I used So Delicious)
- 1/2 cup spinach leafs
- 10 mint leafs
- 1 scoop Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder (I used Designer Whey)
- 6 ice cubes
- In a high powdered blender add the water, spinach, orange segments, berries, and mint and blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen dessert, protein powder, vanilla and ice and blend until completely combined.
So let’s just say Rocco inspired me to become a smoothie queen. Recreating his Berry Citrus Smoothie could not have arrived at a more perfect time in my life. Switching from yogurt for breakfast to smoothies has been a Godsend to me. I started experiencing stomach issues related to lactose and decided to experiment with omitting my daily yogurt for breakfast. Starting my day with a smoothie made me feel so much better. Using a frozen coconut milk product also eliminates the use of dairy in the morning. I am not 100% convinced that all dairy is my enemy just yet, but eliminating it for breakfast is a start.
I have to tell you that my breakfast smoothies definitely make me feel like I am having dessert for breakfast. As a sugar lover, this pleases me to no end. Getting to add a bit of chocolate in this smoothie puts a smile on my face every morning.