These simple, no bake Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Truffles are a bite of heaven and a healthier take on original truffles.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Raw Almond Butter (I used Trader Joe’s Brand)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Crystals (such as Coconut Secret) I am sure coconut palm sugar will work too)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 ounces sugar-free milk chocolate (such as Simply Lite from Trader Joe’s)
- Mix the almond butter, coconut crystals and the vanilla bean paste in a mixing bowl until smooth. Season with the sea salt.
- Form into balls, stick a toothpick into each one. Place on waxed . Transfer to the freezer and chill for an hour.
- melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Remove the calls from the freezer and roll them into the melted chocolate until completely covered.
- Place back on wax paper and freeze for at least 5 minutes
You guys! These truffles are truly a dream come true. Loosely based on a recipe from Rocco DiSpirito’s Negative Calorie Diet Cookbook, mine are true gems. Diamonds in the rough. Better than the best.
All I can say at this point is thank goodness the recipe only makes 10 at a time. I am afraid of these because they are addicting. And hey, if Rocco says they are negative calories, I’ll bite. No pun intended.
You really can blame these truffles on Jennifer, my friend from Peanut Butter and Peppers. She convinced me that I needed to stay home and make these. I was really going to go to Macy’s and buy an outfit for my niece’s upcoming bridal shower that I am hosting.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.