This brilliant Berry Citrus Smoothie makes you feel like you are having dessert for breakfast.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds (I used Spectrum)
- 1/4 of an orange, peeled and segmented (I used Cara Cara)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cu frozen strawberries
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Arctic Zero Maple Fit Frozen Dessert
- 1/2 Tablespoon Swerve Sweetener
- 1 scoop (about 1/4 cup) Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder (I used Designer Whey)
- about 6 ice cubes
- IN a high powdered blender add the water, flax, orange segments, berries, and mint and blend until smooth.
- Add the fit frozen dessert, protein powder, sweetener and ice and blend until completely combined.
I was intrigued by Rocco Di Spirito’s new Negative Calorie Cookbook. This intrigue meant that I absolutely had to buy it.
Many of the recipes call for “special” ingredients. It’s sort of off-putting to me, but hey, this smoothie is a riff off of the one in his cook book and the second recipe I made and love. Check out my Grate Salad Bowl also from his book.
I have to tell you my smoothie is actually healthier than Rocco’s. Here is a Per serving comparison 250 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 26 grams of protein, 34 carbs, 12.5 grams of fiber and 400 mg sodium. The Weight Watchers Smart points comes in at 7.
I am loving the switch from Greek Yogurt to a smoothie for breakfast.
Make the switch you will love it too.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.