Try this unbelievably easy Asian Beef with Zoodles dish that the whole family will love!
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 ounces zucchini
- 16 ounce sirloin steaks, 1” thick
- 2 cups Bok Choy
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 large white onion, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- In a shallow bowl combine the hoisin, lemon juice and soy sauce with a whisk.
- Add sirloin steaks to marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- While steaks are marinating, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place the bok choy in a steam basket and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes at a slow boil.
- Remove from pot and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Let sit in ice bath for a couple of minutes until chilled.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Remove from marinade, reserving the marinade for later.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan on high heat, spray with oil when hot then place the steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare).
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Add the reserved marinade to the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, bring to a boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the sesame oil in large nonstick skillet, add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook on high 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the zoodles and the bok choy and cook until heated through
- Divide the mixture onto each plate.
- Place the beef on a cutting board and cut into thin strips. Lay steak on top of the noodles, top with sauce and serve.
Boy oh boy did I ever miss my zoodles. Would you believe the zucchini was not on the 6 week challenge veggie list of ingredients? I was mortified at the thought of no zucchini during this challenge. How dare they exclude the zucchini.
I had just purchased the spiralizer attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer and the whole time I was on that challenge, I couldn’t use it. It sat on my counter waiting to be utilized.
Of course, what you see in this dish is all of my favorite ingredients packed into one delicious bowl of goodness. Beef, bok choy and zucchini.
Oh the joys of non diethood.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.