Try this Grate Salad Bowl that is crisp, raw, features negative calorie ingredients and is packed with a flavorful punch.
- 1 apple, grated or spiralized
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 head cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, grated
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- Put the grated apple into a bowl with the hemp seeds and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.Mix together the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add to the apple mixture and mix evenly.
What are negative calorie foods anyway?
In concept it’s foods that contain few calories, such as celery and other non-starchy vegetables, that provide a small number of calories but still require energy to digest. That means it is theoretically possible to have a negative-calorie food like the ones featured in this salad.
If you want to add an additional texture, try adding quinoa or include your favorite protein to make it a complete meal. How about trying it with a fried egg. Prepare to enter the world of bowl food heaven!