These healthy living Ground Beef Stuffed Mushrooms are so impressive, you won’t even notice how healthful it is for you.
- 8 ounces Ground Beef 90/10
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a White Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese or Fat-Free Mozzarella
- 2 Large Portabella mushrooms
- In a skillet on medium high heat, add the onions and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Don’t burn the garlic.
- Add the beef and saute until translucent, for about 10 minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth and discard the stems. With a spoon, gently and carefully remove the black gills from the mushrooms caps.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil on both sides. Place the mushrooms caps, gill sides down in a pan.. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms into a baking tray.
- Place the beef mixture on top of the mushrooms (cap sides) and top with the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the tray on the lower rack and cook cap side up for about 20 minutes.
Holy moly! I am so caught up in this weight loss challenge that I haven’t posted a recipe in about a week. Partly because I thought I didn’t have any recipes left in the queue and partly because I was out of town in beautiful Pismo Beach for a couple of days.
But I have got to tell you all, these stuffed mushrooms can be made to fit your palate. Whether you use ground chicken, ground, beef, quinoa, or couscous this can work for just about anyone. Try using the mini mushrooms caps and serve these as appetizers.
This is my last week of the 6 week 20 pound weight loss challenge. I still have 4.9 pounds to go. Wish me luck. I definitely was sidetracked by going out of town. However, I worked out in my hotel room each day and one day in the gym with a beautiful 30 minute walk on the beach. Down 88 steps to the beach and then back up those same 88 stairs.
Anyway, I have one more recipe left in the queue to share with all of you before my challenge is over. After that I will write about my experience and share it with all of you.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.