Make this Egg White Souffle using super greens because they are as dazzling as the old-fashioned way yet remarkably light and airy.
- 3/4 cup super greens (baby kale, baby swiss chard and baby spinach)
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté the onions 1 tablespoon water until soft.
- Stir in the paprika and salt. Set aside.
- With a mixer, whip the egg whites and lemon juice until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the egg whites among four 12-ounce ramekins.
- Divide the sauteed greens equally among the ramekins and gently mix them in.
- Place the ramekins on a sheet pan and bake for 20 min. or until the tops are golden.
I really had fun making these egg white souffles. Light and airy. They can be made with your favorite greens. I used a combination of baby kale, baby Swiss chard and baby spinach.
What I adore about these little guys is it fits perfectly in my weight loss challenge food list.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.