This Detox Spinach and Broccoli Soup takes many of the healthiest ingredients possible and puts them all together in one pot.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli, stems removed roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach leafs
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- · Chives for garnish, if desired
- · Greek yogurt for garnish, if desired
- Add oil to a large pot.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss in broccoli and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Cool soup slightly.
- Add soup into batches to a blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot).
- Pulse until thick and smooth. About 1-2 minutes each batch.
- Add the Greek Yogurt and pulse to combine.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish.
You know there is always room a few times a year to detox your body. This soup is perfect for that purpose. It even fits in perfectly with my 6 week weight loss challenge. It’s filling, and the Greek Yogurt allows it to be just a tad bit “creamy”.
Right about now you are probably wondering how I am doing on my challenge. Let’s just say it’s challenging. Some days I feel I am on target and others, not so much. I have become obsessed with the scale and often weight myself more than once a day. Hence, the frustration. I am officially down 7 pounds and by next weigh in, I really need to be down 10 pounds.
Maybe I just need more soup.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.