The richness of this Slow Cooker Crab Soup is packed with flavor and makes a hearty meal.
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small bag of frozen mixed vegetable
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 2 celery stalk, diced fine
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 baby potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more if you want a spicier soup)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tablespoons garlic power
- 1 Tablespoon marjoram or thyme.
- In a skillet on medium high heat, cook the onions and celery in butter.
- In your slow cooker combine your chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, Bay leaf, frozen vegetables, Tabasco, and red pepper flakes.
- When the onions are done add it to the slow cooker along with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the herbs and the garlic powder along with the crab.
- Set the slow cooker on Low and cook for 6 hours
Excuse me for not posting this sooner.
I chose to make Crab Soup because my daughter doesn’t eat meat, I can slow cook it, and easily transport it to my mother and father’s house in San Francisco.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.