For all you spice lovers out there, this Thai Red Curry Stuffed Peppers recipe is the perfect way to heat up your dinner!
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 small zucchini, finely grated
- 16 oz chicken sausages, casings removed
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Place upright in a baking dish. set aside
- In a medium pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in red curry paste and cook for an additional minute. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 1 tsp of oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up into pieces.
- Add onion mixture, and zucchinis. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in rice vinegar and rice.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Gosh you guys, I made these so long ago and I forgot to post them on the blog. Truly a delicious twist to stuffed peppers.
I’m not going to lie. It’s not easy. But each day it’s gets better and better. I will keep you all posted on the results. So far I am down 3.7 pounds. Not a bad start. Cheer me on and wish me luck too.