This Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Shallots is the ultimate “set it and forget it” dinner. With just a little prep, this stew turns into a meltingly delicious pot of gold.
- 2 pounds strip steak, cut into cubes
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or neutral oil of your choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup Wondra (or all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste (I used double concentrate)
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 4 ounces baby potatoes (I used purple potatoes)
- 1 cup Red Wine (I used Cabernet Savignon)
- 1 cup Sprouts Brand Beef Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Coat with the Wondra or flour.
- In a skillet set to high, add the oil.
- Brown the beef on all sides.
- In a slow cooker add the browned steak, shallots, carrots, wine, stock, bay leaf and tomato paste.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 6 hours
Sundays are really meant to relax and enjoy time with your friends and family. That’s why slow cooking is the perfect way to cook on Sundays. The fix it and forget it way.
I partnered with Sprouts to #PassTheJoy of the holidays. What better way to share the joy than with a big pot of stew.
Rustic, delicious and more time to spend with those you love.
I was provided with free product from Sprouts Social to try out. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are 100% my own.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.