This easy Baked Butternut Squash Casserole is buttery, nutty a superfood high in fiber, antioxidants, beta-carotene and anti-inflammatory compounds.
I made this side dish and as long as no one knows, I wanted to eat the entire casserole. I didn’t. But I really wanted to. You all know, I love to cook, but the less time spent in the kitchen means more time spent with friends and family.
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce fresh panko crumbs (can substitute regular breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 ounce sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the butternut squash generously with black pepper and a little salt.
- Mix the grated cheese with the panko crumbs, and then sprinkle over the top of the butternut squash.
- Dot the butter all over the cheese then top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, until the butternut squash is soft and the topping is golden brown.
Sit down, relax and enjoy the holidays, just like me, preparing easy, no fuss dishes that taste like you spent hours in the kitchen.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.