Herbed Halibut Steaks, baked in the oven, gives you an easy way to enjoy the delicious combination of flavors with fresh herbs from Ground 2 Table.
When I was asked if I was interested in sampling fresh herbs with a flavor packet, I knew this was the right fit for me. Ground 2 Table has a motto, #BuySmallUseItAll.
What resonated with me is the freshness of those small packets for spices that is included with a package of fresh herbs. No need to buy a large bottle of spice you many never finish in a lifetime. Plus the fact that spices lose their flavor over time.
This week, I will be featuring four recipes from Ground 2 Table.
Today, I am starting with a fish dish for all of you. You can use your favorite fresh fish. I chose halibut.
I am a fan of white fish, and most especially halibut, for its flakiness. It’s nutritious and has a mild flavor.
- 1 Pound Fresh Halibut Steaks
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 Ground 2 Table Fish Gourmet Flavor Kit (cilantro, dill, marjaoram, thyme, and spices)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine the fresh herbs in the packet by stripping from stems and mincing.
- To the bowl add the spice packet and the salt. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and mix well.
- Coat the fish with the remainder of olive oil.
- Spread the herb mixture evenly on both sides of the fish.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque or flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon slices
I was provided free samples to try from Ground 2 Table. No other compensation was provided. All opinions express here are 100% my own.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.