Forget takeout! We’re fired up for this Easy Pork Fried Rice. The pork is very tender and comes together quicker than hailing a taxi in New York City.
Just a few other handy ingredients and viola’ homemade, better than take-out, eat on the couch, nobody’s home, pork fried rice.
It doesn’t get any better than that.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup country style smoked ham, cubed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice*
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat stir-fry the carrots for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots and continue to stir fry for another 2-3 minutes or until shallot is tender.
- Add the pork and cook until heated through.
- Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Move the stir fry over to one side and add the beat egg and scramble until lightly cooked.
- Add the soy sauce, and mix the stir fry completely.
- Top with the sliced green onion.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.