This easy to bake Lemon Pound Cake delivers the most scrumptious tasting dessert.
In this house, Lemon Pound Cake is for breakfast too. You see, it happens to be the hubby’s favorite breakfast food. Yes, it is. He actually prefers having it for breakfast rather than as an after-dinner dessert. He’s funny like that.
This recipe is easy and wickedly delicious too. With the holidays coming up, you can make this lemon pound cake for a stress free time in the kitchen and more time celebrating with friends and family.
No matter how you slice it, it will be the slice of your life.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1?2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Optional: Glaze use confectioner’s sugar and water then drizzle
- Mix together the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; mix well.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder to mixture.
- Add milk.
- Bake at 325°F in a well greased loaf pan for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Cool completely before adding the glaze.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.