Impress your friends and family with this easy and festive Breakfast Galette that just happens to be low carb too.
Why? Well, it’s pretty simple, actually. Galette’s are meant to be rustic looking and don’t have to be perfectly shaped. I am not that crafty in the kitchen. Folks, I must tell you, this was fun, easy and I used a new baking mix called Carbquick. I loved the texture of this dough and it was a cinch to make. Coming from me, that means easier than pie. So in the case of this galette, I have the joys of a dish that is actually delicious, flavorful, fun and low carb too.
- 1 cup Low-Carb Baking Mix (I used Carbquick)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter – chilled and cut into cubes
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons of Ice Water
- 12 mini uncured salami
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor or mixer that has a dough hook, combine the Low Carb baking mix, Kosher salt and the butter pieces.
- Pulse a few times or mix on low speed until it becomes crumbly.
- Add the ice water one tablespoon at the time, until the dough comes together. Don’t overwork your pastry dough!
- Transfer the dough to a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Gather the pastry dough and flatten with the palm of your hand into a thick disk. Wrap it up tightly. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Or you can also prepare the dough a day in advance and leave it in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough into a 8 inch pie size
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the salami around the dough overlapping just a bit.
- Bake for about 6 – 8 minutes until rising and starting to brown.
- Remove and carefully crack in eggs into the center of Galette.
- Put back into the oven for about 10 minutes until the egg is set.
- Sprinkle with pepper, and remaining parsley
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.