This Chambord Bacon Dressing will take your salad to the a whole new delicious level.
I was drawn to this recipe. The unique combination of my favorite liqueur plus bacon intrigued me so I knew I had to give this a try. It takes the traditional warm bacon dressing and kicks it up a few notches.
I am here to tell you that if you want to impress your guests, this delicious homemade salad dressing is killer. My baby girl says, you just can’t beat homemade salad dressing. I say you got me at bacon.
The key to all this deliciousness is that the dressing is WARM!
This dressing is love on a plate. And you all look like you could use a wee bit more love in your life.
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Chambord liquor (can use Creme De Casis as well)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries pushed through a sieve to remove the seeds
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon. Set aside. When the bacon is cool, crumble it or chop it into small bits.
- In the pan that you cooked the bacon, add the diced shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the Chambord.
- To the deglazed pan, add the pureed raspberries, mustard, vinegar, oil, sugar and black pepper.
- Whisk the ingredients and serve immediately.
- You can refrigerate and serve later, but give it about 15 minutes at room temperature before using.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.