This recipe for Lemon Curd, a thick and luscious dessert spread that bursts with lemon flavor, is a great filling for cakes and tarts or poured over a fresh bowl of berries.
The leaves are getting ready to change color. It’s such a beautiful time of year. It reminds me of how my mom would lemon cream cookies or thumbprint cookie filled with jam. We would sit at the table in the kitchen with cups of hot tea and cookies. Sometime she would even have lemon curd to spread on angel food cake.
Ahh, memories are something special aren’t they. When I was whipping up this batch of lemon curd, I wished those simple days were still so simple. It’s just not that way so much anymore. Time they say is endless. Capturing a bit of memory is something that really is indescribable. It catches you when you least expect it and thankfully all mine are fond memories. Some I hope to capture with my own children.
My wish is that you make this lemon curd and create some memories of your own.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend (or your favorite sweetener)
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the eggs, sweetener, lemon zest and juice. Add in the butter pieces, stirring them in until they melt.
- Stir the mixture until it begins to simmer and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Pour into prepared jars.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.