This Hasty Chocolate Pudding whips up in no time in your microwave which is great for when you’re craving a quick chocolate fix! Dress it up by serving it with a Sweet Zinfandel.
Labor Day! A cue that summer is coming to a close. Our final three-day weekend opportunity to celebrate outdoors with our family and friends. It’s that last ditch effort to join together before the season changes into Fall.
We all want to be that effortless and graceful hostess. In order to ensure you have a fabulous time at your own event you need to have a strategy.
Purchase as much food as you can three or four days before the event.
The day before the event, arrange your table settings, and prepare as much of the food as possible.
Keeping your home cool is important when a bevy of people will be mingling.
The best advice I can give you is plan accordingly so you have at least an hour to yourself before your guests arrive. Sit back, relax and enjoy a glass of Gallo Family Vineyards wine before the rush of guests arrive. It may be your only chance to relax until the party winds down.
In my family, it’s impossible to have a feast without chocolate. I had to really put my thinking cap on to find a chocolate dessert that wouldn’t melt quickly. Let me introduce you to my Hasty Pudding. What a perfect dessert to serve this time of year. I call it “Hasty” pudding because of how quickly it comes together. We savor every single spoonful of dreamy velvety smooth chocolate. Who are you kidding anyway? Savoring chocolate is the most difficult thing to achieve. Luckily, this recipe can be made lickity split.
You can whip it up early in the day, keep it chilled in the fridge and when it comes time to serve dessert, this chocolate will melt in your mouth and not on the plate. The best part is you don’t need to let anyone know how simple this dessert was to make. Keep them guessing and never give away the secret of microwaving instead of cooking the pudding over a hot stove.
Skip the store-bought powdered stuff and make this version of chocolate pudding instead. You will be glad you did. On a side note, I don’t recommend making this dessert more than two days before you are ready to serve. It will begin to crack and won’t look so appetizing.
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are proud to present to you 20 delicious recipes that pair well with Gallo Family Wines just in time for you to plan your Labor Day party.
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup sweetener (I used SweetLeaf)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch.
- Add one Tablespoon of the milk and whisk so the mixture does not have any dry lumps.
- Continue to whisk adding the rest of the milk.
- Place in the microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high.
- Stir, then cook at 1 minute intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2 to 4 minutes, or until shiny and thick.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Pour into your containers and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and chill in the refrigerator. Serve cold.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Find a GFV wine at a store near you
Get social with Gallo Family Vineyards:
Check out these marvelous recipes by Sunday Supper tastemakers along with Gallo Family Vineyards wine pairings:
For your Labor Day feast:
- Arugula Fig and Goat Cheese Salad by Family Foodie
- Caprese Fruit Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Five Fruity Wine Spritzers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Flank Steak Pinwheels by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Shrimp Burgers with Quick Remoulade Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hatch Chile Avocado Cream Dip by Magnolia Days
- Harissa Spiced Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mango Habanero Shrimp Flatbread by Flavor Mosaic
- Peach Barbecue Chicken Wings by Life Tastes Good
- Salmon Bagel Sliders with Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese and Basil Aioli by Food Done Light
- Sunny Side Up Frittata with Ham by Recipe For Perfection
- Tuscan Panzanella Salad by Shockingly Delicious
To sweeten the holiday:
- Blackberry Buckle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puff Bites by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Hasty Chocolate Pudding by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Lamingtons by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Upside Down Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Summer Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Angel Food Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches by Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper family on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the conversation. To get more great Sunday Supper recipes, visit the Sunday Supper Movement website or check out our Sunday Supper Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.