There is nothing better than using your Farmer’s Market produce to make this fresh Heirloom Tomato Salsa.
This time of year people are planning picnics, potlucks, destination vacations and all sorts of outdoor activities.
On my last visit to the Farmer’s Market I spotted heirloom tomatoes. They were so vibrant that I wanted to be able to showcase them. Here’s a pretty and tasty little appetizer to bring to your next potluck, picnic event.
I used Korean melons as little bowls, and made the absolutely best tasting Heirloom Tomato Salsa with some fresh cilantro. No paper product were harmed in the making of this dish.
What types of recipes do you think of when you are planning your potluck soiree’ ?
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, seeded, and diced
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of 1/2 lime
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno
- Squeeze the lime juice over the chopped tomatoes
- When ready to serve drizzle a bit of honey on top
Take a look at these recipes for food that travels well by Sunday Supper tastemakers:
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
Mains in Motion
- BBQ Chicken On The Grill To Go by Family Foodie
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio – Greek Pasta and Lamb Casserole by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad by Feeding Big
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
- 5 Comfort Food Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.