This slow cooker Five Ingredient Teriyaki Chicken is cooked to perfection.
My gosh I have been so short on time lately. Don’t you all hate when work consumes so much of your time? I tell you a slow cooker can be your best friend when you just don’t have the time to fiddle with dinner. But, folks, even better than a slow cooker recipe is one with only five ingredients.
If you are like me, and you made homemade teriyaki sauce, by all means, use it, if not, store-bought works quite well.
Just between you and me, I am not a fan of shredded chicken. That’s why this recipe is a real keeper. Take the few extra minutes to cut into bite sized pieces. It just tastes better to me. A teriyaki glaze has such incredible flavor. Lucky for me it just so happens to be the hubby’s favorite sauce.
Next time you want a gourmet-style dish without all of the fuss, pull out your slow cooker and whip up this delicious teriyaki chicken dish. I will warn you up front. Double the recipe. It’s that good. The best thing is you let the slow cooker do all the work. Carry on with business as usual.
This week’s theme for #SundaySupper is coming at just the perfect time. Five Ingredients or Less? Gotta love that. Our host this week is TR from Gluten-Free Crumbly.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground Pepper
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- ⅛ cup Dark Soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot (or corn starch)
- green onions for garnish
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker
- In a small bowl combine the resting of the ingredients except the arrowroot (or corn starch if using) and the green onions.
- Pour sauce over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through remove lid and stir in the arrowroot or corn starch into chicken and sauce and stir until combined. Let cook until sauce thickens. (about 10 minutes)
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice or zoodles.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Now immerse yourself for a five ingredient feast.
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.