Kick off the summer with this Patriotic Red Velvet Milkshake and watch it bring a smile to your face.
Traditionally, Memorial Day is when we kick off grilling season. For many, we are dusting off our grills and prepping for a family gathering. However, we always like to take the time to remember our fallen soldiers who heroically served our Country.
Spending time outdoors joyfully consuming mass quantities of food and then getting to enjoy an extra day off work.
For me and my family, this year, we are celebrating my baby girl graduating from college. We attended a fantastic lunch before heading out to AT&T Park for the commencement ceremony, which was followed by some fantastic fireworks.
This whole red white and blue got me thinking of what I can serve up for dessert. That’s where this Red Velvet Milkshake comes into play.
It tasted pretty darn delicious when I added the red velvet extract. But, it was missing that cake like taste. At this point, I dashed out to the market and took the plunge and bought store-bought red velvet cake mix. Later I used the rest to make red velvet brownies.
Let me tell you, this milkshake was a home run. It’s as American as apple pie.
I made this milkshake because I don’t think red velvet is over rated at all. I adore red velvet.
This week the Sunday Supper Community is sharing our favorite patriotic recipes honoring the Red, White and Blue with all of you. Our host this week is DB of Crazy Foodie Stunts.
- 1 cup Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon Red Velvet Extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth
- Top with whipped cream
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.