I am a sucker for a tuna sandwich. I love it with tons of mayo and capers. Growing up, my mom served us open-faced tuna on sourdough bread.
When I was asked if I would like to try Safe Catch, I knew it was a perfect fit for me.
Safe Catch is the only brand that tests every can of tuna for mercury levels. There are no fillers or additives.
I wanted to make sure that I tested it without tons of mayo. That’s when I decided mixing it up with my favorite Asian flavors and serving it on a bed of green would be the perfect way to test out this tuna.
If I had an extra can, I know I would have recreated that fabulous treat my mom used to make for me when I was a little girl.
- 5 ounces of canned Safe Catch white albacore tuna
- 4 small radishes, sliced
- 1 organic carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 Serrano chile, seeded and minced (taste for heat and adjust, can also sub some chili pepper flakes)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Handful of arugula
- Handful of baby spinach leafs
- A few Chinese Sow Peas
- Place the tuna, radishes, shredded carrot, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, avocado oil, dark sesame oil, and rice vinegar in a large bowl.
- Gently toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of a bed of Arugula and baby spinach leafs
- Place the Chinese pea pos around the greens
- Top with the cilantro, and green onions
I was provided with one 5 ounce can of Safe Catch Tuna to try out. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.