This Ginger Shandy is light, and refreshing. The ginger beer adds a unique kick while the lemon and mint brings it all together.
A long streak of sun is sneaking into the darkness of my bedroom through the shutters. I adore waking up to the sun rising. The air is crisp and cool. You almost don’t want to pull over the blankets to start your day. But the sunshine puts a smile on your face and I love Spring.
Spring brings on rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection and regrowth.
This year, while we continue our tradition of celebrating mothers, mother figures, guardians, etc., we are also celebrating my daughter who will be graduating from college, and my nephew from high school.
Cheers to new beginnings.
Have you ever heard of a Shandy? What is a Shandy anyway? Basically, it’s beer mixed with something non alcoholic, such as lemonade. Today I have prepared for you a Ginger Shandy that is crisp and invigorating, just like the morning air.
Today, the Sunday Supper community, along with our fantastic host Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla are celebrating Mom’s. We are sharing our best dishes for this special occasion.
- 1 12 ounce bottle of Ginger Beer
- 3 12 ounce bottles of Ale (I used Sam Adams Summer Ale)
- few sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- In a container pour the ginger beer
- slowly pour the Ale
- add the lemon and the mint
- Stir and serve
Moms certainly enjoy someone cooking for them. Take a look at these Mother’s Day recipes by Sunday Supper tastemakers:
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.