These Moscato Marinated Grapes are an impressive delight, make a fantastic aperitif and a perfect paring along with your favorite cheese.
I adore food related National Holidays. They are so much fun. You can even create a delicious themed event and host your own party.
Imagine this, Saturday, May 9 is National Moscato day! A perfect opportunity to host a Moscato themed party for your family and friends.
The Sunday Supper team is celebrating this thirst quenching day with Gallo Family Vineyards. We love to make it easy for you so you can host the best themed party by providing all of you with so many recipe ideas.
I sat back in my chair the other day when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I talk about food constantly. Sometimes I wonder if it’s actually the center of my universe. This realization also makes me smile. My 21-year-old son is becoming quite the chef in the kitchen these days. I guess I am rubbing off on him. With my trio of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato sitting at our tiny bar in the dining room, he asked if I was planning on opening them any time soon. He let me know that he had plans to try cooking with wine. And to think he was such a picky eater only a few short years ago.
Yes, Gallo Family Vineyards produces three varieties of Moscato!
A traditional White that pairs well with sweet and spicy foods. Pink, for those who dare to be different, and pairs well with a variety of foods ranging from sweet to spicy. Last but not least, Red, for the extrovert, with its refreshing bursts of sweet citrus and peach, and a berry finish.
Back to the Moscato trio waiting to be opened. I merely stated that I was claiming the Red for a fantastic and simple creation of marinated grapes. He grinned and reminded me to make enough for him to try too.
Later I discovered he decided to experiment with his beloved caramelized onions using the Pink. Let me tell you, it was the perfect choice.
I admit that I am not the most patient person in the world when it comes to cooking or baking. When something takes a long time it reminds me of the old adage “A watched pot will never boils”.
However, it was my lucky day. Marinated grapes are easy to prepare. I bathed the grapes in the Moscato and then left for the day. When I returned, I completed the second step of rolling them in the sugar and freezing them.
This process, which began Saturday morning had impeccable timing for a nice and relaxing Sunday afternoon. There is nothing better than munching on grapes marinated wine and sipping on wine marinated with grapes. It’s like a “twofer”. Two recipes in one. Double the enjoyment. You get the picture.
Pour yourself some refreshing Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato Wine, raise your glass and celebrate National Moscato Day with the rest of us.
- 2½ cups Table grapes
- 1 750 ml bottle Gallo Red Moscato wine
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons sugar
- In a large pitcher, pour in wine and add grapes to soak.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 12-24 hours.
- Pour the wine marinade out of the pitcher and save as it tastes delicious.
- Dry off the grapes and roll in sugar to lightly coat.
- Place in freezer for 3-4 hours until frozen.
- Serve skewered or in a bowl alongside the leftover wine.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Check out all the fantastic ideas for Moscato on their blog.
Take a look at these wonderful recipes to pair with Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato wines:
- Mixed Berry Moscato Smoothie by Casa de Crews
- Moscato Pink Lemonade by Life Tastes Good
- Sparkling Strawberry Grapefruit Moscato Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Summer Berry Sangria by One Sweet Mess
- Moscato Marinated Grapes by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa by Recipe for Perfection
- Chorizo Carbonara by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Duck with Moscato Peach Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Moscato Fruit Salsa by Simply Healthy Family
- Halibut en Papillote with Moscato-Onion Jam by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp with Sweet Potato Noodles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken by Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad by Family Foodie
- Berry Peach Citrus Crisp by Desserts Required
- Donauwelle Kuchen (Danube Wave Cake) by Magnolia Days
- Moscato Mixed Berry Pie by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Moscato Pudding Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moscato White Chocolate Sabayon with Raspberries by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Basil Upside Down Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts by Alida’s Kitchen
Celebrating Moscato Day on the Sunday Supper Movement Website
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.