The combination of flavors in this Strawberry Lava Flow is as tropical as it can get.
It’s about time. For the past several years the hubby and I have been talking about another tropical vacation. I say, it’s about time. We finally booked a trip to the Hawaiian islands. Now I have something to look forward to. The “cocktail at the end of the tunnel” so to speak.
I mentioned the other day how I am a fair weather friend. I have always been somewhat of a sun worshiper. Lounging on the beach, with a cocktail made of all those wonderful tropical flavors. Coconut, pineapple, and of course a bit of rum to.
The first time I visited Hawaii I must have tried just about every fancy looking cocktail you can imagine. Mai Tai’s, Pina Colada’s, and Blue Hawaiians, But never a lava flow. Until I made one myself.
Today the Sunday Supper Community is sharing all their favorite tropical dishes and beverages.
I am hosting the event along with Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
- 4 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 2 ounces whipped cream
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- ice cubes
- To make a coconut cream, I added 1½ teaspoons coconut extract to homemade whipped cream.
- Blend the rum, and the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Pour this mixture into a glass. Rinse the blender. Blend the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums very slowly and watch as the strawberry mixture oozes its way to the top along the sides of the glass creating the flowing lava effect.
Now sit back, relax and imagine you are on that tropical island and check out all the great recipes from the Sunday Supper Community.
Tidbits and Pupus
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni’s Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish – Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma’s Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Coconut Mounds Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.